Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thanks, But No Thanks

I still haven't sent out thank you cards for the triplets' birthday party in November.  Or maybe I should be more honest and say I'm not going to.   The window of opportunity has probably passed.  Three months - probably people have forgotten that I didn't send a thank you.  I certainly don't want to remind them now of how long it took me to get around to it. 

I had good intentions of sending thank yous.  I even have the cards made just for kids where they fill in the blanks:  "Dear _______, thank for the awesome _____________, Your Friend, __________."  Or something along those lines.  Three blanks to fill in, seems easy, but you know, for us that's 3 X 3 X however many gifts there were, and it all gets overwhelming.

Maybe I should have done them right away, but between November and December I have all 5 kids birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, holiday parties, birthday parties.  Things get a little hectic.

I strongly believe in the good character it shows to send out thank yous, but I also know what I do (and probably most of you do, too) when my own kids receive a thank you card.  I read it and recycle it right away. 

So I want today's blog to express my gratitude to all the people who took the time to buy my boys thoughtful gifts and sent their kids to our party.  Your gift was very much appreciated and enjoyed and I hope you will excuse my bad manners.

I remain,
scatteredmomof5
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment